After a course of steroids, certain processes will naturally occur in the body that need to be fought in order not only to maintain the results obtained from taking anabolic steroids, but also to prevent negative consequences for the body. What is Post Cycle Therapy for? Post-cycle therapy is designed to deal with the following list of problems: decreased production of one’s own testosterone; increased levels of cortisol in the blood; elevated estrogen levels; depressive state; a drop in the overall metabolic rate. There are other equally significant problems that post-cycle therapy after taking steroids can solve. Among them: increased libido, the establishment of natural spermatogenesis; recovery of the liver after the course; lowering cholesterol levels; pressure normalization. All activities should be carried out comprehensively, then you can exit the course safely and without loss.
PCT after steroids. When to start recovery?
It is wrong to start post-cycle therapy immediately after the end of hormone intake. It is recommended to wait until testosterone levels fall below 12 nmol/l. Until this moment, you can continue taking prolactin and estradiol blockers, if there are reasons for that, which are determined individually. The reason is that elevated prolactin and estradiol block the production of natural testosterone. Therefore, blockers are sometimes prescribed even during the period of PCT.
What tests should be taken before the PCT course?
To choose the right recovery scheme after a course of steroids, you need to pass several tests. Among them:
- hematology (KLA) to determine the viscosity and quality of blood and the definition of inflammatory processes;
- blood biochemistry, which will show whether it is necessary to restore the liver and kidneys;
- tests for hormones (among the mandatory LH, FSH, Testosterone, Extraradiol, Cortisol, Prolactin);
- thyroid hormone tests.
If you want to choose a regimen without visiting a doctor, you must know the disintegration time of anabolics after the cycle and start PCT only after this process is completed.
Restoration of testosterone levels
While taking anabolic steroids, the production of one’s own testosterone is significantly reduced. This can lead to a number of consequences, from weight gain to testicular atrophy and complete impotence.
You will understand that the body lacks its own testosterone by the following signs:
- a decrease in muscle mass and energy;
- a drop in sexual desire, erection problems;
- weight gain due to fat; mood swings;
- decrease in the severity of secondary sexual characteristics.
Restoration of potency after giving up steroids, as well as the production of one’s own testosterone, is possible, but only if it has not come to testicular atrophy. for this, already on the course, you need to start injecting gonadotropin.
Post-cycle therapy after steroids also involves taking a number of drugs, among them:
- Anastrozole – an estrogen blocker;
- Cabergoline – a prolactin blocker, reduces the risk of breast growth;
- Antiestrogens such as Clomid (clomiphene citrate).
The drug is aimed at increasing your own testosterone in the blood. Fareston or tamoxifen can be used instead of Clomid. It is important to replace that we will not take gonadotropin in the PCT regimen after a course of steroids. Yes, it helps in recovery, but only at the time of taking anabolic steroids or immediately after, before the main post-cycle therapy.
10 post cycle PCT rules They do not cancel adherence to the post-PCT regimen.
- Deep sleep 9 hours;
- Light exercise (up to 50%) during the period of therapy and at least a month after the end of therapy (increase the load as the forces come);
- Walking every day or every other day, for 40-60 minutes (contributes to different blood flow in the inguinal zone);
- Recreation in nature the more often, the better (contributes to recovery due to psychological relief and walking);
- 1-1.2 grams of fat per 1 kg of weight (do not forget about unsaturated fats);
- Strengthen the diet with zinc-containing foods (poultry, meat, eggs, seeds, nuts, cocoa);
- More vegetables (especially pumpkin and avocado) and greens;
- Vitamin E400me per day for a month, the second month 200ME;
- Vitamins of group B6 take 30-50 mg / day (best before meals);
- In the evening, a steak on an electric grill (fish / meat), with a glass of wine (wine a couple of times a week up to 200 grams);